Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Post-Cannonball Blues

As if it weren't enough of a downer to have to spend 8 hours a day sitting at a desk staring at a computer screen, instead of sitting on my Vespa enjoying beautiful scenery, it seems that the rigors of the Cannonball have caught up to my GTS. I just shredded my other belt, the used one I installed on the last day of the ride. Even better, it gave out while I was heading back to work on my lunch break, while I was riding on Highway 85! Thankfully it didn't lock the rear wheel and I was able to safely coast over to the very meager shoulder on the right. I knew it would only last so long, but I didn't think it would go quite so soon. Ugh! I already ordered parts, hopefully they'll be here soon. If I can get it all sorted out by this weekend, I'll be happy... keeping my fingers crossed!

2 comments:

H said...

A nice addition to your cube at work would be one of your favorite pics taken on the cannonball, scenery, the road, whatever. At least if work is hidious, you'll have something nice to look at that will remind you of your 10 trip! Just a thought... from your psychobabbling friend.

Lizzcap said...

Here is an out-of-place comment, but I didn't know any other way to send you a message. There is a German Meet-up Picnic this Saturday.
Hopefully, this link works for you:http://www.meetup.com/San-Jose-German-Language/calendar/11420682/?a=cr1p_rt&rv=cr1p
Sat. Oct 24 1:3 Vasona Lake Park
-Lizz (person you met at DSO)